Vibrent is looking for a Technical Project Manager who enjoys technology and has a passion for creating new products. We are looking for a team-oriented professional who has the confidence and desire to work with product teams through the development lifecycle – requirements, business analysis, implementation and testing phases with a focus on release management.
This position will be located at our Fairfax, VA headquarters and report to the Director of Operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Plan/manage projects directly to meet the committed business objectives with defined quality to certify for production worthiness.
- Perform project tracking, reporting and metrics across Engineering.
- Manage deployment and release of code to different environments, and be able to communicate effectively and timely to product/business owners as well as other stakeholders.
- Have the ability and experience refining the release processes as the company grows rapidly
- Work as project lead for operations/qa/release projects and be the interface to the project stakeholders with decision making authority.
- Identify and refine project objectives and priorities, delegate and track deliverables with the team members, manages risks, assumptions and boundary conditions to effectively roll out the scope.
- Recommend solutions to problems by collaboration, exercising expertise judgment and seeking inputs as necessary.
- Negotiate scope, define/identify tasks, assign ownership to tasks, determine dependencies, and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders alike.
- Coordinate and prioritize utilization of resources and plan, schedule work to ensure the completion of intermediate milestones and overall project in timely manner.
- Understand the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, testing and deployment methodologies for successful execution of the project.
- Escalate issues to designated team contacts and/or cross-functional teams in a timely manner to ensure implementation issues are addressed early
- Track, assess and communicate client and project goals, plans, issues, key milestones, timelines, action items and metrics, prior, during and subsequent to implementation
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Engineering/Science in Computer Science or Information Technology/Systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in design, development, testing and delivery of production worthy systems of which at least 3 years should be of managing projects in Agile model (Scrum)
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence
- Technical Project management experience of IT-related projects as a "hands-on" project manager and should be capable of technical contribution when needed.
- Exposure to data integration/modeling
- Excellent stakeholder management skills for dealing with partners in IT, project managers and the customers
- Experience working with remote teams
- A passion to engage with new trends and technologies
- Able to work quickly, multi-task and maintain strong attention to detail
- Minimal travel required
Green card or US Citizenship required.
We offer a total compensation package, growth opportunities, convenient northern Virginia location, stability and longevity as we are fully funded through a large grant for the next 5 years. We enjoy working with the latest tools and technologies including enterprise mobile apps, fitness sensors, medical devices, cloud computing, machine learning, big data and analytics. We partner with national leaders in healthcare, technology and research.
Vibrent is an exciting and innovative B2B2C SaaS-based mobile health technology company that stands at the epicenter of a global transformation in healthcare. We are seeking talented and experienced professionals who are highly motivated to be a part of something special. We are proud to be the chosen system for the Participant Technology Center of the White House’s high profile Precision Medicine Initiative: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/01/30/fact-sheet-president-obama-s-precision-medicine-initiative