Vibrent Health is seeking a hands-on QA Manager who will be responsible for managing the QA team resources and establishing/enforcing testing processes and procedures. At Vibrent, our platform connects researchers directly to research participants. It allows us to configure custom health programs with our industry, federal and university partners. The QA Manager will be responsible for leading the QA efforts during the development lifecycle of Vibrent apps, website and administrator portal to ensure smooth product launches and customer satisfaction.
This role is a full time position in our Fairfax, VA office. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the software quality assurance test team. Including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring and coaching team members, resource planning and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Lead the software quality assurance team thru the development lifecycle of the core Vibrent product line to ensure delivery of a high quality product.
- Lead the test automation efforts
- Work with multiple development teams to help establish, improve, implement and enforce standards, processes and procedures.
- Manage defects and issues for multiple and simultaneous development cycles.
- Participate in project planning and estimation exercises.
- Involved in story sign-off, launch readiness, bug triage and feature demos to stakeholders.
- Ensure that all quality controls are identified, in place, and reviewed during the project
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and quality trends.
- Communicate status daily to Project Manager and Release Manager.
- Ensure the QA team is following best practices.
- Must have experience with managing a QA team.
- Must have experience with formal software testing processes, creating and executing test plans and test cases.
- Must have experience working with mobile technology
- Must have experience with test automation methodologies.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have effective time management skills in order to organize and prioritize workload, foresee problem areas, and seek immediate action
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Must have good verbal and written English language skills
Candidate must be a US Citizen or green card holder.
Vibrent offers top-notch total compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k with substantial company matching contributions, medical, dental, vision health insurance, flexible spending account, healthcare spending account, liberal PTO, life and accident insurance and other benefits.